Signs of Abuse
- Acts jealous or possessive, likes tell you who to hang out with or what to wear?
- Acts physically aggressive towards you or does not respect your personal space, for example holding, pinching, grabbing, kicking or shoving you, or giving you ‘light’ punches?
- Follows you around, giving you unwanted gifts, leaving you threatening messages on your cell or email, all of which are forms of stalking!
- Isolates you from people that you may usually count on for support, for example, friends or family. Makes threats to hurt you or someone you care about.
- Pressures you sexually, touches you or forces you to have sex against your will.
- Says things like: "I only do it because I love you,” "If only you would do what I tell you...” or "You asked for it” and other things that are blaming and manipulative.
- Spreads rumors about you, insults you in front of friends or do anything else that is meant to make you feel bad about yourself.
- Steals money from you, or intentionally breaks something valuable of yours like jewelry. Threatens to hurt him/herself if you want to end the relationship.