Restraining Order Process
Pick up a blank copy of 50B or 50 C forms from the Clerk of Court located on the first floor of the Moore County Court House Located at 102 Monroe St, Carthage NC 28327 and is open 8 AM- 5PM (approximately 15 minutes)
* Phones are not allowed in the Court House**There is no cost**No ID needed*
From the courthouse walk across the street to Friend to Friend we can help you fill out the forms. (101A Monroe St., 830AM-3PM, approximately 1 minutes to 2 hours +)
* You Must have address of the defendant in order to serve*
50-B must meet relationship requirement:
· Spouse or ex-spouse,
· A person of the opposite sex with who you live or used to live,
· Parent, grandparent, child, grandchild,
· Someone with whom you have a child in common,
· Current or former household member,
· Someone of the opposite sex whom you are dating or have dated.
Must be able to attest to harassment or abuse (physical, verbal, or, sexual).
You can seek protection with a 50-C from any individual that you have NOT…
o Lived with
o Are child, parent, or grandparent
o Had a child with
o Been married to
If a non-consensual sexual offense has not occurred, then there must be two occurrences of harassment, staking, or abuse.
Return to Clerk to file forms before 3pm (Approximately 1 hour to 4 hours)
-Judge will review what you have written.
-Ex Parte (temp order remains in place till court date) order will be granted or not granted.
-You will be given a court date.
Optional: Return to Friend to Friend with the entire filed copy of 50B or C so we can assist with a Legal Aid referral.