Application Deadline: November 1 (decision by November 15)
Internship Duration: January 15- May 1
Application Deadline: March 1 (decision by March 30)
Internship Duration: May 15- August 15
Application Deadline: July 1 (decision by July 31)
Internship Duration: August 15- December 15
Call us for details!
Direct Service Internship
This internship focuses on helping guests access the countless services available at Friend to Friend. As the first place that many victims in crisis come to for help, the office front desk is where interns learn about the needs of our guests, as well as how Friend to Friend and our Serenity House can help them. Interns help to provide a welcoming and supportive atmosphere and have a great deal of interaction with our guests and clients. Victims living in an abusive relationships know that they can count on us. We provide free shelter and food at our beautiful Serenity House, access free therapy, and free life coaching and advocacy. We also provide compassion and legal support through our court advocacy program. In addition, we provide guests with lifelines, such as a mailing address, and use of a computer and phone. Serenity House guests have the opportunity to enroll in our Holistic Empowerment Program to help them connect to services and learn about important strategies toward independence and self sufficiency life for themselves and their children.
Direct Service Intern Responsibilities may include:
- Welcoming Women to the Serenity House or clients at our offices.
- Answering questions in person and over the phone.
- Sorting, organizing and checking mail for our guests.
- Helping clients sign up for programs and create job resumes.
- Referring guests to community services and resources.
- Taking phone messages for guests
- Handing out toiletries and making up toiletry kits.
- Offering technical support to Executive Director.
- Helping to post approved materials on social media and blog.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility in a team-centered environment.
- Ability to handle a variety of demands in a fast-paced work environment.
- Fluency in a secondlanguage is an asset, but not required.
- Monday-Friday, 15-20 hours per week for a minimum of 14 weeks.
Positive communication is vital to our ability to provide hope for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking. Be part of our Communication Team, which raises awareness and burnishes the image of Friend to Friend through media and public relations, marketing, and publications. Members of our communications team will work closely with the Communications Director to conceptualize, develop, complete and execute a social media calendar on deadline, collaborate with the Communications team regarding strategy and tactical implementation and adhere to rigorous standards of quality, creativity, and storytelling. They are expected to show initiative in producing original content that aligns with organizational goals, as well as respond and interact with the WTW social community. They will be required to be present in the WTW office daily during normal working days. The position provides the opportunity to show initiative and develop expertise in managing the social media platforms of a non-profit organization.
Be prepared to discuss your approach to social media management.
- Strong understanding of the various social channels and their proper implementation within a larger social strategy
- Strong proficiency with several social media management platforms
- Familiarity using media and writing for social media
Volunteer Coordinator Internship
As the Volunteer Coordinator you will be working with all of our current volunteers, managing and coordinating all of the steps necessary to get them accepted as a volunteer and involved with our organization using their unique gifting and abilities. You will assist the Volunteer Coordinator with administrative tasks, volunteer communications, and program development, and it will be your responsibility to help keep volunteers and staff informed of changes in the program.
- College student or above
- Administrative experience
- Detail oriented
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and Google Drive