Victim Compensation

If you are a victim of a crime, you may be entitled to financial compensation from court-ordered restitution. If granted, court-ordered restitution is money an offender pays the victim as part of his or her sentence. Call Friend to Friend for more information and support.


  • A victim must have a loss that can be replaced financially.
  • The offender must have the ability to pay.
  • The victim must request restitution.

Court Ordered Restitution

  • Counseling and other direct out-of-pocket expenses.
  • Loss of Wages.
  • Loss of or damage to property or theft of service.
  • Medical expenses, including therapy or ambulance fees.

Crime Victims Right Act

  • Burial expenses.
  • Cost of crime clean-up.
  • Loss of essential personal property.
  • Lost earnings or support.
  • Medical and counseling costs not covered by insurance.
  • Occupational rehabilitation.

State Restitution

  • Auto or disability insurance.
  • Health Insurance.
  • Public funds such as Medicaid.
  • Restitution paid by an officer.
  • Workers compensation.

Friend to Friend

103 Monroe Street
Suite 102
Carthage, NC 28327

910.947.3333 | Crisis Line
910.947.1703 | Office Line
910.947.3327 | Court Advocate
[email protected]
9am to 5pm | Monday - Friday Closed 12pm to 1pm for lunch
Restraining Order Support:
M: 8:30-3pm - T: 8:30-3pm - W: 830-3pm - TH: 830-12pm F: 830-3pm